Library Vision and GoalsBy Jill Gann
Kenai Central High School Library Vision and Mission Statement
The library fosters a community of learning and literacy that leads to high academic
achievement, independent reading and learning, and responsible digital citizens who are self-directed learners.
The mission of Kenai Central High School Library is to provide the students with the opportunity to become lifelong learners and creators of information. The library program strives to help students become effective researchers and responsible users of ideas and information. The library promotes literacy and reading.
- The library is a powerful intellectual and social space where students and teachers gather ideas, exchange points of view, and learn together.
- Students and teachers have access to certified school library media specialist.
- Students have equitable access to the library and its resources.
- The library provides access to high-quality resources in a variety of formats that support curricular and instructional goals and respond to diverse student needs and interests.
- The library facility is welcoming, with a climate conducive to individual and shared learning.
- Current technology is available and operable to support multiple learning experiences in the library and remote access to library resources.
- The library fosters a professional learning community.
- Librarians facilitate professional dialogue and networking among teachers, principals, and other librarians to support continuous improvement of practice.